Monday, March 14, 2011

Carrots, please... not peas!

A quick and fun Spring project. We had a little after school art camp and made these cute carrot signs. Chalkboard is always a hit!
We know this one of mine isn't finished because of my lack of restraint when it comes to embellishments!! Ribbon is in this sign's future. Now, details. The board is actually repurposed. It was cut from a huge pile of bed slats that someone was throwing out - I can't imagine :)  My husband kindly hauled all of them home for me. It is 12 inches long and about 3 inches wide. A little orange paint and we are on our way.
For the "green part" I glued on what I call ice cream spoons. They are actually little wooden shapes that you can buy by the bag full at Hobby Lobby for about $1.99 for 50. They remind me of the spoons you got from the Good Humor man when you bought ice cream in the summer when I was little. We painted those a bright green.
Sorry for the blur!! I cut a piece of peel and stick chalkboard paper ( Love this stuff- it's at Michael's- use your coupon!!)  We put that in the center and then we all had a blast writing our names or Happy Easter on it. We added the wire and beads and it's  ready to hang on the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment