Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What to do with those other Candy Canes...

I am a traditionalist when it comes to Candy Canes at Christmastime. I like them peppermint flavored and red and white. But someone usually drops off boxes of leftover candy canes in my office this time of year and often they are not red and white :)
So this is what we do with them. We make parasols - sometimes for April Showers, sometimes for Mother's Day. You get the idea. I just wanted to show you now in case you want to search out some of these pastel candy canes for a Spring project. They are usually about 25 cents a box now :)
It's just half of a paper plate. Older children could draw off the scallops at the bottom to make it even cuter and allow for extra cutting practice! I have seen teachers of two year olds do this project with the simple half plate. Still cute! Just spatter paint the umbrella and tape the candy cane on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment