Saturday, March 31, 2012

It's A Color-filled World!!!

Today I got up verrrrrry early and drove to Piedmont Park in Downtown Atlanta to join College Girl and her Chi O sisters for the
COLOR RUN.

The Color Run benefits Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. The run sold out so they added a second chance to run next Saturday at Atlanta Motor Speedway. It is the most amazing event and such a fun.fun. day.
I have never seen so many runners in one place and that's saying a lot because College Girl ran Track and Cross Country for 4 years in High School. I've seen a few runners in my day!

So the thing that makes this a blast is that this run has a dress code - seriously! You start out wearing white - it's a requirement ...
( This is about 1/10th of the runners - I'm not joking!)


Then at each kilometer mark of this 5K you get sprayed with environmentally safe color and in the end...

... you are a rainbow!!
It was so much fun. Everyone was in a party mood and the girls danced and laughed the whole time. Whoever thought of this is brilliant.
It's more fun than getting a new package of Sharpies (and for me, that's saying a lot!)

If you ever get a chance to participate in a Color Run - do it. I don't think you will be disappointed. There were all ages, even strollers. The atmosphere is like no other race I've ever attended. I could become a Color Run groupie! :)



BTW, I want to mention that these girls got up very early to drive over an hour to Piedmont Park in order to arrive at 8 a.m. after walking at Relay for Life the night before until midnight :)
They have done their service hours lately because neither one of these is their philanthropy - they just recently granted a wish through Make-A-Wish!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun!!! Will it wash out of their hair is my first thought. I know it was fun to do and fun to watch. Found two new posts today that I hadn't seen before. Thanks so much!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun!! i had several friends that ran it too!!
    thank you for sharing your story with me too!!

    ReplyDelete