Thursday, August 20, 2015

Big Bird

I painted our downstairs powder room months ago.
Remember that whole discussion about being a 95%er 80%er?

I had tone on tone stripes in there before - they were SW Rainwater and Rainwater at 50%.
This time I went with a white base and a color off of my go-to Sherwin Williams paint strip which runs from Shoji White to Urbane Bronze.
This has been my go-to strip for years!!!
It's brighter and crisper than the soft tone on tone I had before.
I like both looks.

I painted because I found the bamboo mirror at Goodwill and could not resist.
I painted it SW Ryegrass. A fabulous green.
I mentioned this print in my One Room Challenge  post
about inspirations and possible accessories and art for the room.
It did not make the ORC cut.
 I feel bad because I love it and I've had it for years - literally.
I just never found the right spot.
On the flipside I just couldn't seem to nail down the right combination of art and accessories
 in the newly painted powder room.
 What to do??

But now the Big Pink Bird has landed.



The Big Pink Bird has landed in the downstairs Powder Room 

which is impossible to photograph.
I was always happy that this Powder Room was a decent size compared to some that are stuck under stairs, etc. But now, it's pretty tight when you start trying to take photos AND stay out of the mirror reflection (pre-shower photo sesh.)


How the color reads in there is like day and night - literally.
It looks more gray in the daytime and warmer, more khaki at night with lights on.
It is my favorite "greige"- Intellectual Gray by Sherwin Williams.

And our dog ate the little white covers that go on those ugly screws on the toilet.
Twice.
We haven't tried again.

I freshened up the old vanity cabinet with a coat of Porpoise SW7042. 
And I just realized I never changed out the knobs. OY!


Folding vintage bamboo shelf was a Craigslist score!

Not to mention that I got to peek inside a perfectly restored and decorated cottage in Morningside in Atlanta. Bonus!



The blockprint is from a Charleston SC artist that I picked up at Candlefish, just off King Street.


The painting over the towel bar is called Ghost Crab. 
I love him!



This swirly turtle was carefully carried home from Honduras.

This little bath is full - painted walls, cabinets, mirror, thrifted blue and white, acrylic lamp, art, a tray, a basket, a big jar, ikat at the windows and more, but we love it and I think, maybe, it's 100% finished!!!

** Sherwin Williams does not sponsor these posts.
They just gave me a fandeck full of fabulous colors to play with 
and the rest, as they say, is history!!

No comments:

Post a Comment