Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Hola! I've Been In Honduras!

If you follow me on Instagram
then you know I have been on my yearly trip to a remote village in Honduras.
This was our 3rd year in a row to go to the same area.
It is one of my favorite weeks of the year.
Mollie and I go together.

Our team does VBS and work projects that are designed to improve the living conditions and overall health of the children who reside in the remote villages.

Mollie and I oversee "Biblia" - Bible School.




Kimberly was a fave!!



Yes, we checked Mollie's bags for small children before we left the country!!


Her bags did not conceal small children (luckily)
 but we did by some wares from the local basket makers.
They are works of art.
They charge so little for something that takes such time and is perfectly crafted.
We can't bring ourselves to bargain.






I'll be showing you some more pictures from our trip and you may notice the casts
 so this is my disclaimer:
These two came pre-injured. This did not happen in Honduras!








3 comments:

  1. Those are lovely baskets. What a wonderful thing you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you. We know a local from our area couple who are missionaries there. My husband and I would like to go sometime.
    The baskets are lovely. I could not bargain either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you donate your time to go down there and help out! Gorgeous baskets too! Thanks for linking up to the Take Me Away link party. It's a pleasure to have you!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete