Friday, February 9, 2018

Bamboo Friday- Kitchen Table Edition

Today's Bamboo Friday is about my kitchen table. 
Pretty mundane stuff, the kitchen table, except I hunted and hunted for mine.
And I love it. 

You can read the story of how I found my table at Goodwill here.
It's a good story - I really could not make this up.

Here it is the day I found it at GW.


A couple of small dings on the table. Fixable.
The leather wrappings had a bit of wear 
but I'm fine with vintage bamboo looking a bit vintage. 
And they were all original and nice and tight. No loose wrappings.

All 4 chairs were sturdy. 

But...

Changing the seat fabric was no problem.
The bottom of the chair back was worn on every single chair. 
This might prove tricky but the price was so, so low because of this. 
I thought I could figure something out. 
I bought it. 
I mean, it was exactly what I wanted.

And then I did nothing. For like a year. I know.

I couldn't quite figure out how to replace the back without possibly damaging the bamboo around it. If that happened then I would have to do some serious repairs and probably paint the whole set. Not the end of the world but still.


And then one night it came to me how to take out the old broken woven insert
 and replace it with a fabric panel!!

And then because it was just a few days before our annual Christmas Brunch
 I decided to give it a whirl!
#lastminutemuch?


It worked. My husband cut out the old woven insert very carefully. I made a pattern, cut the fabric, slid it into place and edged with blue cording I found at Wal-Mart (yep!) on a small roll for $1.00 per chair
I love it when a plan comes together. 
The fabric was supposed to be used during my Entryway makeover 
during the previous One Room Challenge but it didn't make the cut.

Lucky me.
It was perfect for the chairs and I had just enough!


Looks good with animal print too!!

Happy Bamboo Friday from my kitchen table to yours!

8 comments:

  1. the little gal is sassy as can be. love
    would love to know what you paid for the beauty.
    gouche , i know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all... It was under $40.00 at GW because of the seat backs. Can you believe it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man alive!!!
    Now I'm sorry I asked. I live in Phoenix and it is so hard to find anything. Rattan , yes. Bamboo , nope.
    Well I am so happy for you. Fer Reelz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( So sorry. It really was low - I was surprised actually but I snapped it right up. Hopefully you will find some good bamboo soon!

      Delete
  4. Not only is your solution a brilliant redo idea, it also adds comfort for the seated guest. Amazing transformation--just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! They turned out even better than I hoped.

      Delete
  5. Great contribution such a helpful and informative content. It helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing, Hoping to see more high quality article like this.
    Check here
    Visit here
    Main page

    ReplyDelete
  6. I genuinely enjoy reading your article ,great things you have always shared with us. Just keep writing this kind of post, it's really informative blog.
    Check here
    Click
    Additional info

    ReplyDelete